Following Sonic Mania's retro success, Sonic Superstars carries the torch forward with modern graphics and new powers. We spent hours with the first half of the game and talked to the developers to learn about this exciting side-scroller.
Also in this issue
- The State Of Gaming In Nigeria – Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, with plenty of video game fans to boot. But the city's burgeoning game industry is not without its challenges. We talked to players and community organizers about what's going on.
- The Life and Career Of Hi-Fi Rush's John Johanas – From Long Island, NY to Tokyo from playing in a Radiohead cover band to directing Hi-Fi Rush, John Johanas has one of the more unique careers in the game industry. We caught up with him in Japan to get the full story.
- Inside Stray Gods – Stray Gods has millions of different endings. If that number made your eyebrows raise, read on to learn about the shockingly slap-dash way this ambitious musical adventure is coming together.
- The Odd Origins Of The Famicom – The Famicom (known as the NES in America) is turning 40. What better way to celebrate than to look back at its often very, very weird history?
- Experiences, Not Obligations – The current state of free-to-play gaming can be incredibly frustrating.
- PREVIEWS – Super Mario Bros. Wonder, Battle Shapers, Mortal Kombat 1, Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, Persona 5 Tactica, and more!
- REVIEWS – Pikmin 4, Final Fantasy XVI, Dave the Diver, Park Beyond, Aliens: Dark Descent, Oxenfree II: Lost Signals, and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy issues of Game Informer?
I have a question about or need help with the digital magazine
Many answers to frequently asked questions can be found here.
I have a question about or need help something else
Please visit our help page for additional assistance.